Auckland UniServices Ltd is a wholly owned company of the University of Auckland. As a not for profit company, UniServices generates half of the external research revenue for the University. UniServices works with academic staff and key University personnel to build successful business relationships with government agencies and industry in both domestic and international arenas.
UniServices manages the University’s intellectual property and is responsible for all research-based consultancy and education partnerships and commercialisation.
The objectives of UniServices are to:
- Commercialise University-sourced technology and innovations
- Carry out research contract work for outside organisations
- Contract with clients for education and training programmes for groups
- Undertake any other commercial work considered to be advantageous for the University and the New Zealand economy
- Manage the intellectual property of the University which arises from research activities
- Evaluate the commercial potential of new ideas, innovations and inventions produced by University staff and students
- Arrange patent protection, advise on copyright, confidentiality agreements, and/or provide development funding as required.
The head office is located in UniServices House, 70 Symonds Street. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm. Phone: +64 9 373 7522 or visit www.uniservices.co.nz.
Source: The University of Auckland 2014 Online Calendar
Last updated on: Friday 1 November 2013